The Simple-VEGAN Ice Cream Sandwich
Updated: Jul 11, 2019
Enjoy the classic taste of an ice cream sandwich without the guilt!
This recipe features my plant-based chocolate chip cookie recipe and Wink Frozen Dessert to create a delicious summer treat that won't ruin your diet.
Part One: Bake your vegan chocolate chip cookies
1/2 cup Vegan Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Soy Milk or Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use an electric mixer or immersion blender to cream the butter and sugar.
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix in the soy milk and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a seperate bowl and stir together.
5. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in by hand until dough forms.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips or walnuts.
7. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into even balls on a cookie tray. Roll into balls and place evenly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
8. Place into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes
9. Allow to cool and firm up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Part Two: Assemble your sandwich:
1. Once your cookies have completely cooled use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop and place one scoop Wink dairy free ice-cream alternative onto one cookie. Press your second cookie down onto the ice cream layer to create your sandwich.
2. Wrap in a thin layer of saran warp and place in the freeze until your ready to enjoy them.
We love this dish because it is:
-Less than 5 ingredients
-A healthy dessert
For more tips and daily recipes follow Ashley Reinke on social media at @ashleyareinke